Building a sales forecast for your taproom can be tough.
There are so many unknowns. It’s hard to know where to start and where to get good information to build an accurate plan.
In this post, we’ll review the key drivers of your sales forecast.
We’ll also share benchmarking data, and a simple taproom forecast model (with an Explainer Video).
First, the math.
Customers x Average spend = Forecasted Sales
Keep it simple and spend your time on these two drivers of taproom sales.
Next the key questions.
How many customers will come into your taproom?
- Use this Taproom Sales Forecast Model to make some estimates. And watch the video below for more details on how to fill out the model.
- Talk to other breweries in your area. If you ask nicely, they may share information with you (How many guests do they get each month? How long, on average, do they stay?)
What is the average spend?
- Check out this article from Secret Hopper for starting points to estimate the average amount your customers will spend in your taproom.
- Again, ask other breweries in your area. How much, on average, do guests spend when they visit?
Build your taproom sales forecast.
- Use the model, watch the video, and ask some questions of other breweries in your area.
- Use a Best Case – Worst Case – Break-Even approach with your forecast.
- In other words, build three simple models to show what each scenario might look like.
Watch this short video on How to Build a Taproom Sales Plan:
P.S. Get instant access to the Brewery Financial Planning and Taproom Sales Growth course. They’re included with your membership to Craft Brewery Financial Training.