Cloud based Point-of-Sale Software allows breweries to complete credit and cash transactions, run reports to help analyze sales, and monitor inventory.
The POS System is a combination of hardware and software. Hardware includes things like an iPad, scanner, and printer. The POS software is the brains of the operation and captures all the data related to the sale.
Think of a POS system like the old cash register on steroids.
In this post we’ll cover what a POS system does and why you need it. At the end, you’ll find a PDF download that compares the top POS systems on the market. This is a useful resource to help choose the system that fits best in your brewery.
What is the purpose of a POS system?
“A POS or point of sale purchase is the “point” where a transaction is finalized or the moment where a customer tenders payment in exchange for goods and services. Any form of payment can be used, such as cash, debit cards, credit cards, mobile payments…”
The goal, of course, is to record the sale + get paid.
Why you need a POS system
Lots of reasons…
- Manage and control business expenses, including employee productivity and inventory
- Track results and performance for specific aspects of the business
- Determine what sells best and then refine offerings accordingly
- Engage customers and prospects with loyalty rewards and promotional offers
- Analyze sales data, figure out how well all the items on your shelves sell, and adjust purchasing levels accordingly
- Maintain a sales history to help adjust your buying decisions / purchasing
- Improve pricing / customer order accuracy by using bar-code scanners with the POS system
POS System Run-Down
Download the PDF to see a listing of POS systems that are currently on the market. This resource provides a comparative listing of system features and benefits so that you can choose the system that’s best for your brewery.
Want more details on POS systems, and how to improve financial results in your taproom? Members can Log In to access the How to Boost Taproom Profits course.
Not a member yet? Click here to learn more or sign up. Get instant and unlimited access to Craft Brewery Financial Training online courses, guides and resources.