Today, I sit down with Maria Pearman a principal with the firm of Perkins & Co. Maria is a CPA and her focus is on the beverage alcohol business.
Perkins & Co. provides a full range of services to craft breweries, including tax, audit, bookkeeping, business transaction services, controller and CFO services.
Topics covered in the podcast:
- Business transactions, mergers & acquisitions in the craft beer space
- Top financial issues facing breweries today: PPP filing and tax implications
- Economics of shifting from draft products (generally high margin) to package products (generally lower margin)
- Financial year-end planning tips and tactics
- Maria’s book – Small Brewery Finance